Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Marah's Nutella Brownies - There Goes Our Diet!

If you live anywhere on planet Earth, chances are you've heard of Nutella.  Let me tell ya, nothing can wreck my diet like a jar of Nutella!  I enjoy eating it on graham crackers, pancakes, Michelle's homemade croissants, fruit, a spoon, and my finger...I'm 100% confident that Nutella tastes good on ANYTHING.  I also love a good brownie, so combining the two is magical.  Now, if you make this recipe and gain a couple of pounds, don't say I didn't warn you.  But I promise, it's worth it.  Especially when paired with a steaming hot mug of Boston Stoker coffee.  Alright...I'm drooling now, so I'll just get right to the point of this post - the recipe!



1 1/2 C Nutella
1/2 cup butter cut into pieces
3 tablespoons dutch-process cocoa powder
3 large eggs room temperature
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour

Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8x8 pan with some butter or coconut oil - this is very important!

Combine Nutella and butter in a sauce pan and stir until Nutell is melty and smooth.  Whisk in the cocoa powder until smooth and set aside.
In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt until combined. Whisk in the melted chocolate until well combined. Fold in the flour with a rubber spatula just until combined.Spread the batter evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top of the brownies look dry and the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool the brownies in the pan on a wire rack.

Go make these brownies...immediately.  Better yet, make them during your kids' nap time so you can eat them warm from the oven and don't have to use your table manners!


No comments:

Post a Comment