Thursday, May 4, 2017

Our Kitchen Remodel Part 3 by Marah

I can finally cook in my kitchen again!!! Yaaaayyy!! I'm not sure I've ever been so happy to make scrambled eggs and chicken sausage as I was that first morning with my new stove!! It's amazing the things that excite us as adults, am I right?! 

A work in progress....I can cook!


We had been looking for just the right stove online and in a few stores for a good week, but we hadn't decided to pull the trigger just yet. Ivan and I were going to a local park to play with friends and ended up being pretty early. We decided to pop into the Sears Outlet Center to look at their scratch and dent selection because we're on a tight budget with this kitchen reno. We found one that I really liked, so I sent some pictures to my husband and he said we could go buy it after he got off work! I was quite excited!! However, when we got there that night, someone else had already purchased my perfect stove! We decided to look at refrigerators while we were there. We found a great one at an even greater price and purchased it immediately! They loaded it into our truck and we headed home.  Chris was too afraid to drive over 40mph, so it took us a loooong time to get home! 

"This works; get it."

No. More. Shopping.


Chris must think I'm a lot stronger than I really am because the only people we had as back up to help us unload the thing we're Michelle, my sister, and her fiance. Thank goodness he was willing to come along!! The "excessive weight warning" written in big, bold letters on the box should have been in flashing neon letters because we just went on with attempting to unload the thing!! It was a long walk around to the back yard, but we made it! Only to realize that the door handles needed to come off before we could fit it through the door. Chris gathered his tools and started to disassemble. Half of the bolts and screws needed regular tools and half of them needed metric tools! Why in the world?!?! I'm telling ya, we've had troubles through this whole process! Thankfully though, this was only a minor setback and the doors were off within about 10 mins. We got it all set up and it looks beautiful!! 

What a deal!  So happy!


My next mission was to find a stove. That next morning I got an email from Lowe's about an appliance sale and I got the stove I wanted for $60 off!! Eeekk! I was one happy girl! Michelle and I lugged the old one out to the curb and then she, Chris, and I unloaded the new one that night! Again, my husband thinks I'm stronger than I am because I DROPPED the stove!! One step inside the door and it slipped right out of my hand!! Thank the Lord no damage was done and I now have fully functioning appliances that look just beautiful against the white cabinets and new counter top!!! Up next, tackle the back splash!! Our goal is to get that done this weekend, so check back next week for part 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment