Monday, October 30, 2017

Main Dish Monday! Cream of Potato Soup

It’s Main Dish Monday!  

This week’s Monday night family dinner recipe comes from Michelle.  This is her recipe for Cream of Potato Soup that she has been making for the last thirty years.  (Still no heart attack although this is heart attack worthy!) 



The weather has turned chilly and tiny bits of snowflakes were seen yesterday when I was walking to Marah's house.  While she is in Daytona with her two favorite fellas on the planet, I am dog-sitting my grandpup, Lucy Girl.  The leaves are falling even before they've turned much color and the wind carries that first bite that says it won't be long until winter arrives.  I love it!  Fur coat weather is on the way, Baby! 

I didn't have any potatoes and Marah didn't have any I could "borrow" so I made homemade butternut squash soup....so delicious.  I will have to post that recipe.  It's made with rosemary and just a little bit of nutmeg...MMM! 

However, this soup is perfect for fall weather!  As a main dish, you may want to serve this with some French baguette, tangy cheese, and  a light salad to complete your meal – enjoy your time around the table with your family!

Link to recipe:  Cream of Potato Soup Recipe
Link to video:  The Classy Pearl - What We're All About

Shopping List:
Butter - salted
Flour
Quart of whole milk
Pint of heavy whipping cream
Smoked Gouda cheese -  1lb
White cheddar cheese – ½ lb
Salt, pepper, dry mustard, smoked chipotle pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment